SOCIAL AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
To ensure that your experience in China is as fulfilled as possible, we also like to encourage our clients to meet with other fellow participants and make friends. We organize dinners and other types of outings so that our clients have a chance to socialize and enjoy life in the city that they are located in. GAC activities calendar varies and below have listed some popular activities:
- Chinese movie night showcasing.
- Dinner get together, learn about Chinese food with usually an impressive menu of traditional cuisine. We know that some Chinese food tastes more authentic on the Mainland.
- Shopping trips to Silk Market, Antique Markets and other local places.
- Attend shows/performances like Peking Opera or Chinese Acrobats.
- Visit traditional teahouses and learn about Chinese tea ceremonies.
- Visit the art district and exhibitions and view interesting art pieces both from Chinese and international artists.
- Lounge bars, karaoke and birthday parties should any of our clients have a birthday to celebrate.
Our program applicants can take part in Chinese language elective classes, GAC provides arts and cultural options such as Chinese Calligraphy, Painting, Taiji Quan (a slow paced form of exercise that is traditionally known to lower stress and improve concentration) Martial Arts, Chinese cooking, traditional handicrafts, etc. All these choices have proven quite popular among our clients! In addition to that, we arrange Mandarin private tutoring classes for those who need extra lessons. Basically, the idea is to vary your Chinese course in China and include many more cultural options to enhance your understang about China.
Go Abroad China also arranges free guided tours on weekends for our clients; our tours are to most famous historical attractions and cultural relics. These tours are led by experienced GAC guides. Our most famous guided tours are to:
- Historical places like Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Ming Tombs, The Great Wall, Lama Temple, Drum Tower, etc.
- Recreational areas such as Hutongs, Beihai Park, Hou Hai Lakeside, etc.
- Contemporary sights: CCTV tower, Bird's Nest & Olympic area, Botanical Garden, etc.
On occasion, GAC further organizes weekend trips to other cities to give our applicants a chance to explore more of China, have fun and gain more knowledge about the country. Such trips may include visiting cities like:
For any participants willing to do some volunteer work during their stay in China, GAC is happy to arrange this, especially since as an organization, this is also part of our charity work section. Normally we organize for our clients to teach basic English at a poor school for migrant workers' children. There is something quite extraordinary about helping those in need and putting a smile on somebody's face. The reason we choose migrant children schools is because their conditions are very poor, lack funds and material as some of these schools do not qualify for government aid. These experiences start out small but by the time our participants return home, they are left with a heart-warming feeling and get changed by the experience.