Consulting Internship in China!
Consultancy in China is gradually becoming a hot area to practice just like the IT sector, it also does not have too much regulations and restrictions at the micro level but requires detailed knowledge of the particular sector and policy implications for the local market. Consulting internship can offer you incredible experiences and career prospects. Consulting is really the art of making connections and developing solid networks, especially with the clients. If you decide to do your internship in a consulting company, you will be asked to share your ideas and communicate with diverse clients.
There are numerous areas that our Consultancy Interns are placed. It includes International Marketing, IT and Telecommunication, Legal, Accounting and finance, Management Consultancy, Real Estate, Investment Banking, Mergers and acquisitions and to mention but few.
In our bouquet of Consulting host companies, are very big and Multinational consultancy Firms such as Accenture, McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Deloitte Consulting, IBM Global Business Services, KPMG and Walter Rhodes, Boston Consulting Group, Ernst & Young, Lehman Brown and so much more. We also make placements into these companies despite the fact that it is competitive and includes several rounds of qualifying processes.
- Great Analytical Thinkers with some amount experience with other internships - Not a prerequisite
- Interns should demonstrate a high level of Mathematical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- At least 2 years of study in University with very good standing of GPA
Interest in Chinese Culture and Language will be an added advantage
- Interns could take advantage of GAC network to start up a Consultancy business in China
- Get mentored to succeed as an entrepreneur in China
- Get better insights into Chinese policy environments
- Acquire Chinese language skills
- Get knowledge about how to market yourself professionally
Secure permanent jobs after the Internship with excellent performance
The Role of Associate Intern
Our Associates are selected from top-performing undergraduates who are interested in gaining insight into a consulting and associated career in China. The Consulting internship in China involves 2 months to 12 month of real casework experience working as part of an international team.
Associates are the core of case teams. The insights developed for clients are based on the strong research and analytical skills of our Associates. As an intern in China, your work streams are the same as our full-time Associates. Although the workload can be heavy, management consulting is a sociable profession with plenty of networking opportunities. While individual tasks can vary, you may be responsible for:
- conducting research, surveys and interviews
- compiling and presenting information
- analyzing statistics
- writing reports
- making recommendations
- developing and implementing new procedures or training
- Working with the team to derive insights, conclusions and recommendations based on your work.
Our interns have the same development support as full-time Associates. Your work kicks off with a one-week training event to prepare you for the role. You’ll be paired with a mentor team to provide you with guidance and coaching throughout your internship. Most importantly, your case experience will fully immerse you in our apprenticeship model.
The Role of the Consultant Intern
Our Intern Consultants are selected from top-performing graduates who are interested in gaining insight into a consulting and associated career in China. The Consulting internship in China involves 2 months to 12 month of real casework experience working as part of an international team.
Consultants are the most experienced case team members dedicating 100% of their time to a single engagement; as a result, the Consultant has responsibility for guiding and managing the case team. As an intern, your work streams are similar to those of our full-time Consultants. While individual tasks can vary, you may be responsible for:
- identifying critical issues,
- structuring analyses,
- managing Associates’ day-to-day activities,
- cracking the case,
- Communicating the insights and participating in the delivery of the answer to the client.
You’ll also have the same development support as our full-time Consultants. Your internship kicks off with a one-week training event to prepare you for the role. You’ll be paired with a mentor team to provide you with guidance and coaching throughout the internship. Most importantly, your case experience will fully immerse you in our apprenticeship model.