Legal & Law internship in China
Go Abroad China offers internships in the legal sector in some of most popular Chinese law firms, as well as some multinational widely known corporations. Beijing being the legal center of China and also attracting a lot of foreign businesses, you can be sure you will have full of opportunities in the capital. As for Shanghai being the commercial center of People's Republic of China, we couldn't find a better city for you to learn more about resolution of international disputes, investment transaction with China, etc. Our 2016 demand for law interns has already risen to over 300 law internship positions we needed to fill before summer is over we therefore have excess capacity for an internship in china Programs.
As businesses storm China to enjoy the advantages associated with the open up policy, free zone, tax-free holidays and viable investment opportunities there are serious issues they battle with. Issues like an intellectual property right, Joint venture failures and the difference in legal systems of business partners poses several grey areas to legal consequences of contracts. China became a very important market for many companies seeking to expand their distribution network and take advantage of cheap labor to realize positive returns to scale. However, careful planning and preparation are required to be successful. These real issues raise huge demand for legal advisors and thorough consultation to evaluate possible situations.
The real deal is that foreign lawyers are not supposed to practice law in China without studying Chinese law or certified by the appropriate authorities but with the increasing demand for lawyers by Multinational organizations that are not of Chinese origin, there has been an increased demand for interns who understands briefly legal systems from the west to help provide a complete knowledge to Chinese lawyers regarding legal systems in the west. They serve as Chamber clerks or chamber administrative staff. Over the last 2 years, we have been able to place over 600 law interns alone.
What you will be doing in a Law Internship in China
1. Practicing and learning to deal with legal affairs under the direction of lawyers of People's Republic of China.
2. Help the Chamber Lawyers to prepare legal documents
3. Search legal information from internet, papers or magazines for the law firm in a form of case laws, studies and judicial precedents.
4. Speak with clients and partners and interview them as starting process to onboarding projects
5. contact potential clients and exploit markets abroad;
6. proofread legal documents including but not limited contracts, agreements legal opinions, lawyer’s letter etc..;
7. attend negotiations for legal services and business;
8. other daily legal service practice.